There’s a reason this recipe is the most requested recipe of the summer! Enjoy
The Ultimate Salmon BurgerPrint Recipe
- oil for frying
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 lb fresh salmon, deboned, skinned and finely chopped
- 3/4 cups panko + 1/4 cup extra for coating
- 1 piece whole wheat sandwich bread moistened under water and wrung out
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, whisked
In a large non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Sauté the onion and pepper on medium heat until softened. Set aside to cool and wipe pan clean.
Mix all other ingredients together and then add cooled peppers and onions. Form 6 burgers and coat tops and bottoms with extra 1/4 panko.
Place in a baking dish and refrigerate for 20 min-this helps keep the burgers from falling apart.
Once ready to serve, heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in the same pan on medium heat and pan fry in oil until crisp and golden on both sides. Serve room temperature or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.