Spinach Asparagus Veggie BurgersPrint Recipe
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 1/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped and cooked asparagus (about 7 stalks)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour (or AP flour)
- 1/2 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lined a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray.
in a small sauce saucepan combine the wild rice, oats and water. Bring to a boil and immediately lower to a simmer. Simmer until the rice is cooked through and the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
In a food processor, blend together the spinach, asparagus, egg, garbanzo bean flour, panko, salt, garlic powder, pepper, mozzarella cooked rice and oatmeal mixture. Pulse until thoroughly blended together but still leaving some texture.
Using a 1/4 cup scoop, form the veggie burgers and place on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly and then spray the tops with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp. Serve with a lemon, truffle, or harissa aioli.