Hearty Kale and Bean SoupPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, medium dice
- 1 celery stalk, medium dice
- 1, 28 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked (15 oz can) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2, 15 oz cans butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cup lacinato kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 8 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large pot. Sauté the shallots, and garlic for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add the carrots, celery, chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, beans, kale, brown rice and water.
3. Add in rosemary and spices.
4. Bring to a boil uncovered and then lower to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 30-35 minutes.
5. Mix in the parsley at the end.
6. Serve warm.