Baked Chicken-Veggie Egg Rolls with Sweet and Tangy dipping saucePrint Recipe
- For the Chicken:
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- • ½ cup cubed chicken (about 2 boneless-skinless chicken cutlets)
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • ¼ teaspoon pepper
- (or leftover chicken that has been finely chopped or shredded)
- For the Vegetables:
- • 6 tablespoons oil, divided + cooking oil spray
- • 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- • ½ cup shredded carrots
- • 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- • ¼ cup sliced shitaki mushrooms
- • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- • 6 eggroll wrappers
- Sweet and Tangy Dipping Sauce:
- • 1/3 cup ketchup
- • 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- • 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- • 1 pinch crushed red chili flakes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray liberally with cooking oil spray
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and heat for 1 minute. Add in the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until mostly cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve. (You can also use any leftover chicken that has been shredded here and skip this step. Simply saute the ginger and garlic together with the next step!)
In the same pan, heat another 2-3 tablespoons of oil. Add all the vegetables, season with the soy sauce and sesame oil and sauté until wilted, 8-9 minutes. Remove from heat and add the chicken back into the vegetables. Mix together and let cool while preparing the eggroll wrappers.
Fill a small bowl with an inch of water and keep close by. To fill the egg roll wrappers, lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointer toward you. Place about ¼ cup filling in the center of each paper and fold the corner closest to you up and tuck over the filling. Fold left and right corners over, like an envelope and then continue to roll upward to close. Dab a little water on the uppermost corner and the press to seal the egg roll-this acts as a glue.
Continue rolling with the remaining 5 wrappers. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and spray tops with more spray oil. Bake for 25 minutes in the center of your oven until golden brown and crisp.
Meanwhile make your sauce by mixing all ingredients together. Serve with hot egg rolls.