Sloppy Joe-TatoesPrint Recipe
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 cup canned Manwich sauce
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced and seasoned with a pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Pierce 5-6 holes in sweet potatoes with a knife and wrap each one in tin foil. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until soft.
While the potatoes are cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the turkey and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through, breaking up into pieces as it cooks.
Add Manwich and lower the heat. Continue to cook over low heat until the potatoes are cooked and removed from the oven.
Split open each baked sweet potato and create a little pocket in the center of the potato. Fill pocket with ground turkey mixture. Top with sliced avocado and cilantro. Serve warm.