Zucchini-Apple MuffinsPrint Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, grated (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1 1/2 cups red apple, peeled, cored and grated (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add ins: Chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, Craisins etc.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Mix together the eggs, oil, honey, and apple sauce in a large bowl. Add in the grated apple and zucchini and mix until incorporated. In a separate medium bowl mix together the two flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in any add-ins of choice at this point and mix just until blended.
Line cupcake pans with 20 cupcake liners. Alternatively, place mini muffin liners in mini muffin tins for a smaller bite-size treat. Fill the liners three-fourths of the way up. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Freeze up to two months
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes