Fried Haloumi and Apple Salad with Tahini-Apple VinaigrettePrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plain tehini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4.5 oz box butter lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 red apple, finely diced
- 3 hearts of palm thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 basil leaves, chiffonade (thinly sliced)
- 5 1/2 inch sliced pieces haloumi cheese
- olive oil for frying
Prepare the dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Assemble the salad by layering all of the ingredients except for the cheese. Heat olive oil in a medium pan on medium-high heat and fry the cheese on both sides until golden brown, 4-5 minutes per side.
Top salad with warm cheese and dressing. Serve immediately.