Fresh Heirloom Tomato SoupPrint Recipe
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 leek, washed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 medium green tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium celery root, peeled and diced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups vegetable stock (just enough to cover the vegetables)
- roasted cherry tomatoes
- sour cream
- fresh parsley
To blanch the tomatoes, bring water to a boil. Score the end of the tomatoes with a paring knife. Submerge the tomatoes in the boiling water for about 15 seconds. Strain the water and shock them in ice. The skin will peel right off.
In a medium pot, saute the leek, garlic and carrots in olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add the diced tomato, celery root, potato, salt, pepper, thyme. Saute for a minute and add the vegetable, enough to cover the vegetables. Cook for about 20 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
Puree the soup and adjust the salt and pepper. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, a drizzle of fruity olive oil cream, and fresh parsley leaves.