Chicken Bahn Mi SandwichesPrint Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 shallots, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Pickled Daikon-Carrot Slaw
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups daikon, peeled and shredded
- 1 Jalapeño thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To serve:
- 4-6 fresh baguette rolls, sliced lengthwise in the center
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
In a ziplock bag add the ginger, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, vinegar, olive oil and soy sauce. Let marinate for 20 minutes or overnight.
Meanwhile prepare the pickled vegetables:
Place carrots, daikon and jalapeno in a medium bowl or jar. In a medium pot add the rice wine vinegar, water, and salt. Bring to a boil and then immediately pour over vegetables. Let come to room temperature.
Heat a grill pan on high heat and brush with cooking oil. Remove chicken from marinade and grill on both sides for 8-10 minutes on each side until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
Brush each baguette with mayonnaise, add mint, pickled vegetables and top with chicken. Serve warm!